What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angry Bunnies

Less bunny "face" and more bunny "head shape" but I guess "angry bunny head shapes" isn't as appealing :D

Mostly it's the "rabbit ears" followed by the suggestion of a head-like shape. A lot of it depends on the angle the flowers are viewed from. A suggestion of a face doesn't seem to be that common judging from the CP Photo Finder. In this case I enhanced coloration that might suggest a face in the cropped image below:
face2.jpg

There it is. Thanks, NAN!

Cute little buggers! LOL! I had completely forgotten about the eagle. heh
Had a small mat of this once. Alas, never got it to bloom and eventually killed it.

47510510.gif

After opening up this thread & then looking at a pic I recently took, mine appear to be happy bunnies ... :-O

Usandersoniiwhiteflowers102011RS.jpg

Another great candidate for focus stacking ...

Had a small mat of this once. Alas, never got it to bloom and eventually killed it.
Wow! I suspect you may have had another species or possibly the blue version - if yours never flowered - that or you were growing it under the back corner of your desk. ??? :-O

Wow! I suspect you may have had another species or possibly the blue version

No idea what color form it was supposed to be. A guy sent me some as part of a plant trade a few years ago.

Wow if yours never flowered - that or you were growing it under the back corner of your desk. ??? :-O

Heh. No I was tryng to grow it in one of my terrs that I grow some of my mini orchids in.

gun_2.gif

Some of mine:
Reptileshowandplants019.jpg

I find the colours on the "face" of the flower don't develop as well in my conditions...

100_8733.jpg

Picture002-4.jpg

Picture094.jpg

I miss my sandersonii white that I used to grow. Would anybody happen to be able to pm me where I can buy seed from overseas or sandersonii itself in Australia? Or if I can buy some from you direct? I havent anything to offer to trade unfortunately, as you've probably seen from my mess of utrics in my other thread.

BT - I can't recall ever seeing seed of U. sandersonii (but maybe I missed it?). You're probably better off reaching out to members of one of the local CP societies in Oz (like VCPS).

Back