What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anglo-Saxon gold hoard is the biggest - and could get bigger

• Thread starter Redflytrap
  • Start date

Redflytrap

"Planting oblivion,beating reason back..." -[Ven 5
This is probably the most incredible treasure find in the last 100 years.
The treasure found dates back to the 7th century! Over 350 pricless Anglo-Saxon
relics were found by an ameture metal detector user, on a UK farm...
READ MORE! (plus pics—scroll down for further story)

They'll probably put a picture of the treasure on the metal detector boxes from now on! Find your own Kings ransom! :D

The story reminds me of this stand up bit by comedian Nick Swardson (aka "Terry" from Reno 911)

<table style="font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);" width="360" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="353"><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(229, 229, 229);" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 2px 1px 0px 5px;">Comedy Central Presents</td><td style="padding: 2px 5px 0px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold;">Friday 10pm / 9c</td></tr><tr style="height: 14px;" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 2px 1px 0px 5px;" colspan="2">Nick Swardson: Treasure Hunting</td></tr><tr style="height: 14px; background-color: rgb(53, 53, 53);" valign="middle"><td colspan="2" style="padding: 2px 5px 0px; overflow: hidden; width: 360px; text-align: right;">www.comedycentral.com</td></tr><tr valign="middle"><td style="padding: 0px;" colspan="2"><embed style="display: block;" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:80284" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000" width="360" height="301"></td></tr><tr style="height: 18px;" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 0px;" colspan="2"><table style="margin: 0px; text-align: center;" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%"><tbody><tr valign="middle"><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Joke of the Day</td><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Stand-Up Comedy</td><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Free Online Games</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

I love all the zoomorphic knotwork on that stuff. I wish they could have found the whole helmet the cheek guard belongs to. I'd love to see it.

Back