What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An easyer way to polliante sarracenia

here is a better way to pollinate sarracenia:
first, here is a pic of the plant:
Sarracenia rubra ssp gulfensis
Image06.jpg

Sarracenia%20rubra.jpg

step one: tuck the pad that's under the flower under the pollen grains:
before step one:
step%201.jpg

after step one:
step2.jpg

ok, after the pad is tucked under, gently push up from the bottom on all sides, repeat every 10 min. for 2 hours for best results
this is the pad you tuck, then push up on:
step%203.jpg

after 2 hours, un-tuck it so it looks like normal
repeat every day

spec thoughts are some tall flowers you have there. i have seen them in the wild tall but, not that all.

Hey, I recognize that plant in the background!!! Did I send you that? Tall bugger

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pyro @ Feb. 25 2003,07:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, I recognize that plant in the background!!! Did I send you that? Tall bugger[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
you mean the tall one in the first photo? That's a mother of thousands plant, called that cause it makes thousands of plantlets on the tips of the leaves, it's also called mexican hat plant. No, you didn't send me it, I got it 3 years ago as a little plantlet only one inch across, now it is about 4 feet tall, and at least 10 inches wide.
biggrin.gif

I was told it was called a Devil's Backbone for its serrated leaves. This has got to be the worlds most indestructable plant. I have had mine (in some form or other) for almost 10 years and despite my best efforts to kill it it still lives. I have taken to using it in my terrariums for my reptiles.

wow my mexican hat plant has grown alot, now it's 6 feet tall!

Back