What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An awsome picture of D. slackii in the wild...

Hello,
    I've been looking for Drosera slackii ever since I started growing CPs, but no one has offered them yet... I asked Geoff Wong at the last BACPS meeting if anyone had any, he said yes, and to ask around at the next meeting. well, today he e-mailed me a nice pic of Drosera slackii in the wild, he went with Frank Woodvine, and Frank showed him a good Drosera slackii site. I'll post the pic ASAP

to me, slackii are thre best drosera! looks great and is rather easy to care for.

Here's the pic!!!:

D_slackii2.jpg

wow , i never seen CPs in the wild personally but I hope too someday . that pic is great , Geoff Wong has been succeful groing his award winning plants ssuch as his Genlisea and Drosophyllum .

Spec,
That's a great pic! Do you grow this species?

WOW! Absolute D. slackii heaven! Thanks so very much for posting that! I really want those root sprouts of my D. slackii to come back fomr the freeze now! Hurry up and grow!
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ Mar. 05 2003,12:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Spec,
  That's a great pic!  Do you grow this species?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Nope, still looking for this wonderful species, but no one seems to have it...
sad.gif
:(:(

gorgeous, like a carpet. I actually got my slackii's from Greg Lum last year, traded most off, have one right now (not looking so hot, but should fair well later) Geoff is a really nice person, helped me out alot with cp's.

Wow, those are cool slackii. FYI, slackii can be somewhat variable. I had 2 forms in the 80s. One had longer, narrower leaves, 1 shorter, fatter ones. I sent some out a while ago, but I think there are better clones in cultivation. I'm interested in seed if anyone has any - my previous attempts haven't brought results so I'm looking to experiment some more....
Thanks
Matt

Back