What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An atlanta water question

In the book "Savage Garden" it is noted that local water may be used in areas of the country with extremely low mineral content, below 100 PPM of dissolved minerals. An analysis of my tap water for Na, Mg, Ca, K, and assorted others (lead, copper, etc) shows only 12 PPM.

Since the city's water supply is surface water that comes from the same areas where some CPs grow naturally (the foothills of the Appalachians) I'm assuming it's safe for them. Are there any Atlantans out there with experience in this? e I'm really getting sick of hauling bottles of distilled water on my bike
smile.gif

Thanks.

Hello fellow Atlantan
smile.gif

The tap water here is perfectly fine. I have been using it on my CPs since I moved here 4 years ago and ABG has been using it for as long as they have had their collection.

Bet that makes your bike rides look a lot better

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pyro @ Aug. 18 2005,10:19)]Hello fellow Atlantan
smile.gif

The tap water here is perfectly fine. I have been using it on my CPs since I moved here 4 years ago and ABG has been using it for as long as they have had their collection.

Bet that makes your bike rides look a lot better

Cheers
Great!

Thanks a million!

I thought it would be fine. I know that Urban Gardner on Boulevard says they use city water, and their CPs look fine. And I had seen the plants being sprayed at ABG a few years back with what appeared to be from the tap, but then began to wonder if they had some special distilled water tank or something.

Back