What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amorphophallus paeoniifolius

Hi fellow weird plant people.

Anyone out there interested in swapping something for a bulb of this guy?

Amorphophallus paeoniifolius

I don't know how common these guys are outside of south east Asia but this species of Amorphophallus is cultivated as a commercial food plant here in Bali. As we had our first rains of the season a few weeks ago they are popping up everywhere.

Please either post or PM me if you have anything unusual, some other kind of aroid would be cool.

Cheers, Troy.

i could always use some aroids but I have nothing to trade but my amorphophallus konjac , witch i only have one bulb of , why don't you get me one or two then when my konjacgrows more bulbs i'll give you one or 2 . Any other aroids where you at ?

Cool! Amorphophallus paeoniifolius! How much would it cost to ship that sucker to the U.S.?
confused.gif

Goldtrap2690, I'm interested in your A. konjac when it produces some bulbs. Keep me in mind, thanks.

Hi Larry

If you have something interesting to send me it won't cost you anything for me to send you a bulb. As I said before, they are growing in people's fields and I drove out into the rice fields on Sunday and a farmer had a little plot of land that where he was growing bananas and suweg (the local name for this Amorphophallus), he had about 100 in the field. I asked if I could have one and he gave me about 10 so they haven't cost me anything.

Goldtrap I PM'd you yesterday re your konjac. If you don't have one to give away I'll happily pay you if you can order me a bulb from wherever you got yours from. Most places won't accept orders from overseas, especially for something like one bulb.

Cheers, Troy.

Back