What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amorphophallus konjac bulbs for trade

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I have some extra bulbs for trade. If you are interested please pm me.

Hey Ozzy, do you still have one for me?

Thanks

Check your email. I sent you a notice before I ever posted this.
Like I told you before you were the first on my list.
smile.gif

I already have some, but for those of you that don't, take Ozzy up on his offer. This plant is AWESOME. Request first, research the plant later. You don't want to miss out.

I'm not trying to promote this trade by I just saw one on ebay going for $350.   WOW !!!! It's some new type called "shattered glass". Too bad the ones I'm trading are only worth about $6 to $10.

i seen that one on ebay too. its awesome but expensive.

OK I'll bite, what do you want in return ozzy.
I have a bunch of sarrs I need to get rid of.
Joe

OK did my research.  Looks cool for a stinker.
Found bulbs for only ten dollars. Are you guys sure you aren't thinking of Amorphophallus titanum which is very expensive, the one that makes the giant flower.

This also makes a giant flower (smaller than the titanum). A.konjac flower is about 6 ft tall, and it looks very similar to titanum.
pic00002.jpg

The plant is a very nice plant to grow even without the flower. It's very tree-like but it has a fleshy spotted stem. It looks like it has alot of leaves but from each branch there is only one single inter-connected leaf.
17.jpg

It goes dormant in winter. The whole plant just dies and you can pull the the plants away from the bulb. You dig the bulb up and put it in a bucket until spring. It's very easy to grow.
This plant is also used to make flour in Japan. It's alos used to make a jelly candy. It also has medical uses. It is made into a pill that lowers appitite and controls blood sugar levels. It's also used for burns.

Cool, so what do you want as a trade. I have several species of the more common sarrs including one with a red top. Also have some lowland and highland neps. I'll make you a list later if you are interested.

Joe

Thanks Ozzy,

Our email is having some trouble. The site has been under attack again.

Hey Ozzy,
If you still have any available, put me down for a trade for one.

Let me know,
Cole
smile.gif

Yeah Colieo, I have more. Send me a pm with your trade offer.

I saw those konjac auctions on ebay. I'm amazed what ridiculous prices people will pay just to have a plant others don't. That guy was also selling "nightstick" and "leo song". All very nice plants, but I'll wait a few years when availability is abundant.
smile.gif

Back