What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ALWAYS listen to your law enforcement official...

Being an MP I had to deploy and now that im back in garrison I get to work the road.. Now that being said I also get familiar with MP equipment: Impala, X26 Taser, OC spray (pepper spray) extendable baton (asp) and as well as the law.
Well Yesterday I got certified to carry the Taser on duty and i decided to volunteer and get tased...WOW! If you have FB look me up (Adam Bieber Ft Drum) nd you can see the video... it was only five seconds but it seemed like ten..Still have the burn marks on my foot and back. And today I got sprayed with OC. Now for those of you who buy it in stores most of the SHU (scoville heat units http://ushotstuff.com/Heat.Scale.htm) for civilian spray are a relatively mild 2 million units. Civilian LE (law enforcement) sprays are roughly 5 million units. Today we took 15 million! The pain wasn't too unbearable it was more the psychological factor of NOT being able to see and open my eyes.. Panic set in and if i didn't have good friends i'd still be screaming. If an officer tells you to do somethin' DO IT! Always remember an LE officer will put THEIR SAFETY FIRST! I'm not sayin' cops are always right, but if there's an issue settle it with a lawyer present at the station after cooperating.

I got a hand held taser off ebay but haven't had the guts to zap myself with it yet, just turning it on and hearing the loud "CLACK" is intimidating enough. What I would really like is a taser nightstick, in the Warhammer SciFi books they call them "power mauls". :D

I had at least one entire can of pepper spray emptied into my face on the street and another one in the back seat of a cop car so I know all about that stuff. It was entirely my fault though for you know, marching in a peaceful Earth Day demonstration... what was I thinking! LOL

I had at least one entire can of pepper spray emptied into my face on the street and another one in the back seat of a cop car so I know all about that stuff. It was entirely my fault though for you know, marching in a peaceful Earth Day demonstration... what was I thinking! LOL

Right..because the police would do that, twice, for no reason at all..
please..I doubt you were quite as innocent as you portray..
(im not saying whatever you did was "spray worthy" ;)
im just saying you must have done *something* to bring it on..)

Scot

15 million SHU is pure caspiscan if u looked at the chart... so freakin painful!!! But Swords just so u know the taser you have is only what LE calls pain compliance..it doesnt take them down for the ride unless you hit them with the barbs...

Scot - Although Swords undoubtedly did "something", that doesn't mean that something was illegal or, if it was, that it warranted such a response. Police have been known to wade into more or less lawful protests with clubs swinging or pepper spray spraying. It's an infringement on people's freedom of assembly, but Adam said it well, "I'm not sayin' cops are always right, but if there's an issue settle it with a lawyer present at the station after cooperating."

Back