What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternative to bush and kerry!

Cynic81

Frakkin Toaster
Sick of Bush? Sick of Kerry? There IS an alternative.

http://www.grassrootsrevolution.tk

Basically, if you live in a state that's guaranteed to vote a certain way, vote for dean. IE: The Universe would implode if Virginia did not vote republican, or New York democratic. Since it's unlikely that a few votes are going to make a difference there, why not vote for Dean as a write in? If he gets just 5% of the popular vote he'll qualify for federal matching funds in 2008, guaranteeing him campaign funds in that election.

This is basically what a friend of mine and I came up with after a long political discussion, when we compared notes and realized most of the people we know are going to vote for Kerry, not because they like Kerry but because they want Bush out of office. This is not the way American politics should work. This is not the way it HAS to work. We don't need to be stuck choosing the lesser of two evils. If we put some hard work into it, we can get a candidate into office that actually has a chance of doing some positive good for this country. It'll take time, but it's about time we sent a message to the major parties: we're sick of this, and we want the system to change. [/rant].

I try to never get political with friends on these forums but I feel Bush is insane. I'd vote for Pee Wee Herman before I vote for him.
I agree with you that we need to send a message. But my top priority is to get rid of tyrant Bush. I'm in a state that is going to be very close and I hope for the first time in my life my vote will actually count.
Too bad we can't vote with bullets.
tounge.gif

It is not often that I choose to disagree with a moderator.
I believe we did vote with bullets once upon a time here...it was called the civil war.  That didn't turn out all that well as we still have a "division" in this country that exists to this day.
Getting rid of slavery was a good thing...Americans killing other Americans instead of using the ballot box was not.

I would not take the chance. What if enough decided to do this. I would not want Dean in office, so I will not take the chance.

Heck with it, write me in. At least you know conservation would be a top priority! Don't think I'd get the campaign contributions from big paper companies, though....

You anthropocentrists crack me up!

Er, Khai, politics IS derived from cultural values, so of course politicians will be anthropocentric. The very basis of the political univer DOES revolve around human experience and values.

(You didn't think anyone would know the definition of that word, did you?)

Great idea!
vote for Dean!!
anything that helps defeat Kerry is a great idea!
biggrin.gif

(not that im worried much..but every little bit helps..)
I love this idea!
Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ April 30 2004,8:33)]It is not often that I choose to disagree with a moderator.
I believe we did vote with bullets once upon a time here...it was called the civil war.  That didn't turn out all that well as we still have a "division" in this country that exists to this day.
Getting rid of slavery was a good thing...Americans killing other Americans instead of using the ballot box was not.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Too bad we can't vote with bullets.

You have every right to disagree with a mod. We are normal people that have the same lapse of judgement like everybody else. After I posted this and left for work this morning I realized that maybe I shouldn't have posted it. To be honest, I totally agree with you. We did that before and it was the saddest part of our history. When I posted that it was mostly just a joke, but it was also frustration on how Bush is running the country. But I'm not going to get into that.

This is why I try to never discuss politics here.
wink.gif

I love Bush!!! Great dealing with foreign policy

I sense sarcasm....
tounge.gif

No.  I am afraid she is serious.  * very afraid*  
wow.gif

I don't wanta stick my neck out but Bush is my vote (If I could) Kerry, well I'll just not say anything. Kerry?
rock.gif

yes I am serious!! I love Bush!! Bush all way for another 4 yrs. I have my reasons.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the political univer DOES revolve around human experience and values.
Or rather, the lack thereof.

I'm most definitely with you WPG and KCC in voting for Bush!  One of my biggest problems with Kerry (besides disagreeing with everything he says/believes) is that he doesn't take a firm stand on any issues.  I think it's this "flip-flopping" that has many democrats upset and will in the end give the election to Bush.

-buckeye
smile.gif

you know what Casper and I were talking about that too. he does flip flop and there is no real standing on anything. Plus to make matters worse Clinton is taking the spotlight from Kerry. I need to know his issues and thought but I am big Bush fan. VIVA BUSH!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wolfpackgurl @ April 30 2004,10:32)]yes I am serious!! I love Bush!! Bush all way for another 4 yrs. I have my reasons.
Amen! Kerry is a walking controdiction

Back