What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alta . Diana;s Delight, Ruba, Flava Red Throat typ

I toom all of the Pitcher plants that were growing in a great big bunch and now splt the rhinzones in about 50 single plants and still have the core mother plants. The ruba i did a bit ago and each are growing new Pitcher. These others, are they likly to do the same?
All have about an inch of rihnzomes and roots. If they do do well if any one wants a plant just pm me!

Jim

If they've got that much rhizome, unless they get hit by a meteorite, they should do just fine. I've started new Sarracenia from a single leaf with a bit of white rhizome at the bottom (think VFT leaf-pullings.) All of them should grow and be happy if you continue to treat them well!

I don't hear of many people's divisions dying. Sarracenias are pretty bomb proof. Like Est said, if you treat them well, they'll be fine.

Did you mean 'Dana's Delight' instead of 'Diana's Delight'?
smile_m_32.gif

OOPS sorry about that Yep that one :eek:)

LOL, easy mistake. No worries, we solved the problem fast enough.:cool:

Oh and now add Judith Hindle to! I spell that right? :eek:)

Spelled perfectly. LOL I love Hindles, they may be commoners now, but they are still beautiful.

SMiling!!!!!!! Thanks Wes yes they are beautiful. I have 2 mother plants that have about 15 flowers each but were kinda to tight and the pitchers were stunting a bit si split em up and now have a smaller core with a few cuts around the monny plant. This is the same with the others. well the flava wasent as big but mand about 7 plants from a mature one.

Thanks

Jim

Man, those are some big plants to have 15 flowers. Mine at most produces two. All my purps do 2-3 regularly, and my S. Alata "Jasper County, Texas" does 6-7 regularly. My flavas do 1-2. Hopefully once I get them in the ground in minibogs, they'll take off a little faster and produce better pitchers.

Ya your judith hindle is huge
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I seen it!

Thanks Canivorkid!! Your a good egg!!! I count the flowers of the alta's and there were 17 flowers the judith Hidle there were 13 the flavas were 6 and the minors there were 3. This is per each group.

Jim

i had 12 on my clump of rubras and then a purple grackel bird decided to hop around through the clump and brake all but 3
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Okay I see new Pitchers on the Altas and the Rubra and most of the Hindles. The Dana's still havent produced. Flava Are very slow as well. If anyone wants some the the growing ones pm where to send them I will pm you as well about when I can send them out! Maybe next week. I will wrap the bottoms in spagnum and than wrap them in a plastic bag and shipp them. Hope that is okay.

Jim

Back