What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloha from Hawaii

Hello! I've been a long time lurker here and finally created an account!

I live in Honolulu HI, and have been into nepenthes for about a year now. It al started with a N miranda and now I have nine plants. I just recently visited Sam Estes's nursery and was amazed by all his beautiful plants! I also got to pick up a few. :-D

Here are some pictures of my plants. Enjoy! :D

N truncata x maxima
picture.php

picture.php

N miranda

picture.php

My personal favorite, N maxima (from Sam)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

N red leopard

picture.php

N marpessa

picture.php

picture.php

Hails and welcome to the forum. Oh must be nice to have awesome weather year round. And so cool you got to visit his nursery. What beautiful nepenthes.

Whoa, I love that first plant - the wings on the front :drool:

Have you gotten together and hung out with teh other Hawai'ian members? There's a couple hiding out in here..

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Sam's nursery was awesome! So many amazing plants! I'd seen pictures of some of them from the photot archives on Aloha Nepenthes, but it was great to see them in person! I got to see the rokko tree, his dish gardens and all the fences covered in plants! I picked out a maxima, red leopard, marpessa, avalon, and rafflesiana to take back home. They were large plants and he did an excellent job of shipping them! :-D

As for the truncata x maxima, I bought that from Tristan's with a truncata. They are great plants, and since fertilizing them, I've noticed a humongous increase in pitcher size! The first picture is comparing two consecutive pitchers! :-O

I've talked to ellisonk001 about meeting up, but he's the only person I've met from Hawaii. I hope to get to know everyone here, from Hawaii or not!

Wow! Impressive plants!

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to TF. Nice looking plants. Nice kitty!

Oh, so jealous! Beautiful collection :hail:

:welcome:

wow you have some great neps!
:welcome:

Thanks everyone! :D

Like I said, I'm also into tropical fish. I also breed angelfish and sell them at pet stores. I'm a member on an angelfish forum under the same username. Here's some pictures of my fish..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I also have a cat, my avatar..

picture.php

Welcome to TF! Nice plants & pets!

there are more people from Hawaii. Just some of us are hiding on the neighbor islands :). Welcome to TF. Worked with tropical fish a long time ago. Was for a short while editor and webmaster for the Honolulu Aquarium Society Newsletter

I'm a member. I just joined the about a year and a half ago, and I love it. It's really helped me expand my aquarium hobby (for better or for worse)! :jester: What fish did you have? For me it's mainly angelfish, corydoras and a few discus...

Back