What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All of my plants died!

All of my plants died! The house had a power outage and went back on again, but the swamp cooler for the greenhouse turned off! It did this while I was on vacation. All of my plants, including heliamphora and cephalotus cooked abd died. Numerous nepenthes also perished. I'm really bummed.

There is nothing left that is alive...I cant get over it
smile_o_32.gif

OUCH! How many plants did you lose in all? I can't imagine that happening!
smile_h_32.gif

about 50+

I tried bringing them back to life, but no luck. I live in the desert so it got pretty hot/dry. :c

Ugh
smile_h_32.gif

The trials and tribulations of running a greenhouse. When I was mainly into orchids you would hear horror stories like this much more often... I myself have fried on greenhouse worth when a break tripped on the exhaust fan, frozen one greenhouse worth when a pilot blew out, frozen another greenhouse worth when power was out for 2 weeks.

I now have back up system upon backup system for both heating and cooling, all on seperate breakers and automatic continuous duty generator with enough fuel to run for a month straight...

the closest I can get to that feeling is when my years of photography get deleted!!! :'(
and it's happened MANY MANY times. UGH!
But of course... life is way better than pictures :p

Must have hurt your wallet as well as your heart man. I can only empathize a little though, i've only lost one D. Capensis, and one Flytrap.

Back