What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All My Plants *Dial-Up Warning*

• Thread starter blokeman
  • Start date
http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo202/blokeman1/new pics/

DSC06597.jpg

DSC06598.jpg

DSC06599.jpg

DSC06600.jpg

DSC06601.jpg

DSC06602.jpg

DSC06603.jpg

DSC06604.jpg

DSC06605.jpg

DSC06606.jpg

DSC06607.jpg

DSC06608.jpg

DSC06609.jpg

DSC06611.jpg

DSC06612.jpg

DSC06613.jpg

DSC06614.jpg

DSC06615.jpg

DSC06616.jpg

DSC06617.jpg

DSC06618.jpg

DSC06619.jpg

DSC06620.jpg

DSC06621.jpg

DSC06622.jpg

nicee

Great Pics man keep up the good work these are awesome :D

Richard

nice! :)

I notice your terra has many different plants, each with vastly different climactic zones! Thats a bical, heli, pygmy dews, and sarras all together right? That cant work long term!

Good luck,
Frankie

Great collection you got going there. It amazes me how such different plants are actually growing with each other. Hopefully the bicals will get better. Nice Helis...and Sarrs and VFTs.

Nice photos! Nice plants!

those are some big purp piotchers :O

Really nice Purpurea. What variety is that, with the lids that nearly cover the opening? Also, spiffy Aldrovanda. Doesn't seem that many people grow those, but I think they are really neat.

Obregon: well... we'll just have to see ;) i accept that as a challenge!
but the neps will be moving shortly (i know, i know.. no need to say why...i've done my homework)
the pygmies are in a completely different area...
it seems the sarr is more than happy in there (for now)

DavyJones: It's s. purpurea ssp venosa, and they completely cover the opening, there's hardly any rain water that gets in them!

I would to note that i really appreciate comments and any tips you guys might have (and have made), as you've mentionned above, the neps defiantely shouldn't be in there, they should be in their own separate pots with a mix of sphag, bark, and other goodies, it's just that my other terra is not up to par when it comes to cp's, i have to fiddle around with it a bit more before i transplant them into it... so they are acclimating to my home in there (for now)

Criticism is very important, otherwise, we'd never go foreward! I do appreciate all of your comments, even though they may sound like 'you're doing it all wrong!!!' What it means to me is 'try doing it like this, it works better' .
I've seen, from my personal experiences, that a tropical climate really isn't good for temperates, but for some reason, the S. Catesbaei is loving it, so it's staying. As for the neps', well, they are staying too, but not for long as they are going to outgrow the terra rather quickly... As for the helis, the terra gets a decent temp drop at night cause the balasts of my lights raise the temps during the day, and at night, when the lights are off, consequently, the temp goes down... so they get the temp drop they require.

As for the rest, the pics tell the story, they (most of them at least) seem very happy and are thriving in this setup, which in turn, makes me real happy.

Live and learn i say, and to be honest, trial and error is the best way to learn. We oftentimes, learn the most, from our mistakes.

Happy growing!
Steven

Back