What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

all CP growers in the world!

• Thread starter wezx
  • Start date
hey what do you guys think is the population of cp growers worldwide!
i think 5000-10000
how bout you
cool.gif

I say about 80,000 to 150,000 or more.

If you include everyone world-wide that buys a CP, such as a VFT from a garden centre as a CP grower, then the answer is probably in the millions.

If you only count those for whom CPs are a major interest or obsession, then the figure is much lower. Pretty tricky to get an accurate figure though.

Vic

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vic Brown @ Feb. 11 2004,10:53)]If you include everyone world-wide that buys a CP, such as a VFT from a garden centre as a CP grower, then the answer is probably in the millions.

If you only count those for whom CPs are a major interest or obsession, then the figure is much lower. Pretty tricky to get an accurate figure though.

Vic
That was my thought millions but went with thousands of die hard cpers.
wow.gif

Professional (like Tamlin, perhaps?) - 1000 under
Amateur (most in the forums range in this criteria) - 10000 over
Beginner (like myself!) - 25000 over

All the lower skilled group numbers are inclusive of the higher skilled group numbers

Those who are interested or only own one plant (for example as a decoration or seriously as a cp newbie), the figures would be even higher (around a million)
and the poor boy who is interested but doesn't have enough money to buy a cp, the figures lower, about 250000, as these people often don't even get to develop an interest for cps. There could be a middle group between the professionals and the amateurs (which are the experinced), which range in number from about 2500-3500

Experience, skill and love for these plants are the factors needed for someone to be considered a professional, and few in the world fulfill that criteria quite fully to be considered professionals by themselves and by others. Is should think most in the forums will fufill these criterias someday, including myself.

Jason

People who bought a vtf from a store or nursery and had it die on them and never got another- About 100 million?

Interesting Jason that you would consider me a professional. The only difference twixt thee and me is mostly a matter of duration. I am not a professional, just someone who loves these plants and have spent a lifetime doing just that. This makes me an amateur: I do it not for my bread and butter, but for the sheer love of them and: amat, the root of amateur, is Latin for "love". I hope to keep it like that for the duration!

William, going by the defination (4th at www.dictionary.com) a professional is

(4) Having or showing great skill; expert: a professional repair job.

And yeah, I'd say you have done that. SHOWN that you HAVE great skill in growing these great plants...
Andrew

what! so many? i mean people who cultivate them like for a year or are planning to (like me!) or so and not get board of them.
i think around less than 40 000

Back