What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"alien planet"

Discovery Channel - Alien Planet

I just found out one of my favorite books ever got turned into a Discovery Channel special... sort of. Nothing can compare with the paintings, and it looks like some things got changed, but still, I didn't know anyone even knew about this book. I always wondered if it would end up on screen someday. I hope they did it right.

So you know what I'm talking about... Expedition by Wayne D. Barlowe

Hmmm, if your interested in those, I think you'll be happy to hear a new game comeint out called Spore by Will Wright (do google search). It allows you to start from a single cell, and mold your creature with evolution over time to create an unique specimen which can then develope inteligence and negociate with other creatures. The game engin allow an infinite amount of possibilities for your design, from 3 legs to many more, the inteligent system will make it work. From carebears to something out of this world, its all up to you. You even get you mold the structures they build and the vehicles and spaceships they travel in. I think its comeing somewhere around christmas. I can't wait to design my own aliens
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

That's great! I will have to tape that show. Barlowe in an amazing artist I hope it doesn't deviate too much. Have you got his version of Inferno? Man...!

What game system is that Spore coming out on? It sounds interesting and more my speed compared to the shoot 'em up or fighting games.

I have almost every book of his... I love the Inferno stuff.

Someday when I had a lot of money I even had my eye on one of the original paintings from Expedition but I think someone has snatched it up.
smile_h_32.gif

I also went to see Hellboy almost entirely due to the fact that he worked on the creature designs.
smile.gif

I think spore is comeing out for PC and Xbox 2, but I am not sure.... Zongyi

I. MUST. HAVE. THIS. GAME.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

The last Armored Saint CD had a cover taken from Barlowe's Inferno, I forget the name (perhaps 'Sargatanas') but it's the demon holding a man in "brick form". My fave in that book is 'The Wargate', I'd love to have a mural of that, its just such an epic and commanding painting.

I'll have to watch for that game looks very interesting!

Back