What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AIM/MSN/YAHOO

A few years ago Ram puppy posted a link to a messenger program that "welded" aim, msn, and yahoo together, so you could talk to people on all 3 programs without opening 3 buddy lists. Does anyone remember the link?

http:/www.trillian.cc

I don't think the free version is very impressive, but it does work.

BTW, I am considering developing web based multi-protocol IM client. My friend runs a website that collects mail from other accounts, and stores them in a central mail acount. You can access the mail from anywhere, from just one window. I thought it might be interesting to also add instant messaging capabilities to this website. Like, below your list of email folders, there would be a list of contacts who are online, and you can send them messages.

I personally go back and forth between multiple computers, I previously always had multiple email websites open, and two different web based IM clients. I think it would be great to have everything combined into one, nice website. Just curious what others think of this idea. I don't mind negative opinions at all.

Thanks,
Pat
(hope i'm not hijacking your thread Spec)

HIJACKED THREAD!! THAT CALLS FOR A SQUARE!

heh
cool.gif

Back