What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ahh Slow !

The Forums are so slow this week whats everyone been up to? Does anyone have plans for this weekend?

:: Electric Carnivores ::

It's the long dark days of winter! This weekend is the Bay Area Carnivorous Plant Society meeting, so that's where I'll be. There will be a sale, raffle, auction, and a speech by Peter D'amato about native California CP bogs.

Capslock

Kool Im going up to CC in May and see what Peter gots this year.Yeah winter! cant wait til spring winter is so depressing. By the way i just put up a new avatar everyone! the plant showed in the photo is H.heterodoxa X minor got the little guy about 2 moths ago the pitchers are 2-3 inchs tall in a 4-inch pot this plant does very well for me in my cold chamber grows nice looking pitchers with deep red spoons.

This weekend I will be making the production molds for a carnivorous plant model kit I've designed. This will be my first attempt with a new type of RTV silicone (G-1000). I've never used a "by weight" product before, I've always cheated and gone with "by volume" silicone rubber mixes. Hopefully the digital scale I've purchased for this project will give me semi accurate readings as a large triple beam balance was a bit outta the range of my pocketbook for the time being...

If been trying to get my father to bring me to the rec center so i can work out, havent in 3 weeks cause he says he "doesnt feel like it"

RRR hes gonna make me gain a few pounds if he doesnt start soon. Cant wait till i get my drivers licence

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Electric Carnivores @ Feb. 24 2004,21:47)]Kool Im going up to CC in May and see what Peter gots this year.Yeah winter! cant wait til spring winter is so depressing. By the way i just put up a new  avatar everyone! the plant showed in the photo is H.heterodoxa X minor got the little guy about 2 moths ago the pitchers are 2-3 inchs tall in a 4-inch pot this plant does very well for me in my cold chamber grows nice looking pitchers with deep red spoons.

biggrin.gif
Myabe hold off on that one... there is going to be a BACPS meeting in May, so maybe you could go there,t hen trek up to cc (about 1 hour away in good traffic) Besides, I think goldtrap might go too
blues.gif
maybe we oculd all go to the BACPS meeting , then trek on up to cc and blast the rest of the money we brought at cc!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

BTW niiiiiice avatar... wish my heliamphora looked that good while it was alive...

I will most likely be attending the Speaker Event at Meadowview this weekend. But after slaving on the newsletter for the last several weeks, I'm not so sure I want to hear the word "Meadowview" ever again.
rock.gif
Still it will be nice to get out of the house and do something other than work. AND the weather is supposed to be gorrrrgeous! Sunny and near 70 degrees.

Back