What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ahh... Autumn (picture heavy)

joossa

Aklys
Autumn arrives pretty suddenly (and late) where I live. After numerous hot days in October, we finally get cooler weather and signs signaling that Autumn is finally here.

Here are some recent shots I took:

Full moon rising at sundown:

PB120040.jpg

Sundown:

PB140050.jpg

Colors!:

PB120041.jpg

Twilight:

PB140051.jpg

Oreo pitchers are long gone:

Oreo01.jpg

Peach tree leafs:

PB140047.jpg

D. filiformis var trayci:

PB110027.jpg

Dormancy haircut!:

PB110032.jpg

PB110028.jpg

PB110031.jpg

Hibernaculum... Shhh, he's sleeping:

PB110030.jpg

Mantid season is almost over. My females have begun to mate and lay their ooths:

PB070020.jpg

IrisOoth04.jpg

IrisOoth01.jpg

Extra dewy capensis now that the heat is gone:

PB080025.jpg

Flytraps are coloring up too!:

PB110034.jpg

PB110036.jpg

And of course, Autumn leafs!:

PB140046.jpg

Joel

Great pics - thanks for posting them.

Idont know about you but it has been Winter for some time here now. Its snowed, and been bellow thirty. I Wish I lived where you do cause that would be SWEET.

As much as I love Fall and Winter (Much more then summer) I absolutely loath how everything dies a goes away. Winter would be 100000000 times better if stuff would just stay alive. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope I never move somewhere that doesn't have 4 distinct seasons, because I love them all for what they are.

Love those mantid pics!
Autumn is my favorite season but quite comparable to spring. I hate summer for the crazy heat and winter for the deep freeze. I'd like to live maybe on top Mt. Kinabalu, where it could seemingly be spring/fall year round. Probably no barnes and nobles up there though... :)
We've been getting snow off/on for a couple weeks but it doesn't stay more than half a day yet.

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing :)

Back