What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice:  i want to join a cp society.

I know alot of hard work goes into BOTH societies. I really want to join only for the Quarterly CP Journals and Seedbank. Does anyone have experience with both and could point me in the best direction?

My conditions of what I look for:

Scientific discussion
Great layout and pictures
Enough info in the 4 annual journals that I could forget the price.

Basically, I can't join both at this time, and need an idea on why to choose one over the other!
biggrin.gif
And anyone involved with either, editor or of sorts, please feel free to chime in here. I won't feel like you are advertising and would take your words sincerely.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help!

Join the ICPS. It was founded by a friend of mine, and Dr. Don Schnell. It has a lot going for it that you would probably enjoy. A most excellent seedbank, and the periodicals are beutifully done, and pretty much equal as to scientific jargon, and peoples' experience working with their plants, and bogging experiences. PetFlyTrap advertises in there along with Peter D'Amato's California Carnivores, and several other CP nursery enterprises. It is $25.00 a year, but you are also counted on to add your input in the form of articles on your own experiences. You don't have to, but it is an option if you have something to share. The seedbank is awesome and well stocked most of the time. Try a year. If it doesn't pan out, then do the other one to see if you like it better.

Thanks, Bugweed!
biggrin.gif
I have been evaluating them individually and I agree. I believe the ICPS to be a great journal to have. I do wish they had an ONLINE way to register and pay with paypal however. But I suppose I can wait for Snail Mail.
sad.gif

Thanks for adding your vote!

Back