What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PAID (Acro $25) Tillandsia species 4-pack

This is a collection of four somewhat uncommon Tillandsia species. The T. mallemontii and T. paleacea are previously-bloomed with new growths and should bloom again later this year. The T. ionantha vanhyning and T. pringlei are small-ish divisions that probably need another year, depending on growing conditions. Each has a very different approach to blooming.

I used to mount Tillandsia on cork but it became difficult to manage all those pieces of cork and squirrels used to take some. Now I grow them naked just like you see them. They're out on that semi-shaded table from mid-Spring to mid-Fall, with me watching for cold snaps at either end, and I mist them every couple days when it doesn't rain and I soak them weekly, and add a very dilute orchid fertilizer maybe monthly.

They're getting the 1st couple hours of sun each day now plus the last hour at the end of the day. I put them in a completely shaded spot for their first couple weeks outside each spring and then to the spot where they are now. I'll move them to an even less-shaded place after the end of the summer. They'll get more hours of the morning sun there until they come inside for the cold months. I take them to work for the winter and keep them in a sunny South window, continuing the misting every couple days and weekly soaking. By the way, I grow them in CT and you'll need to adjust their care according to the growing conditions you'll provide. My technique isn't suited to Phoenix. They come from a variety of habitats but seem very happy here.

Let the bidding begin at $4 and I'll pay for shipping if they sell for at least $16. Feel free to ask any questions.

Tillandsia ionantha vanhyning
R0020195.JPG

Tillandsia mallemontii
R0020210.JPG

Tillandsia paleacea
R0020186.JPG

Tillandsia pringlei
R0020204.JPG

$18

This item is paid, please arrange shipping

Received, thank you!

Back