What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accident w/ sundew

I left the terrarium open for like 3-4 hours (humidty was at 35% that day) and all the dew is gone, the plant looks very dry. This is my first sundew, after reading about them I wanted to try one. Will it come back? Should I take it back the get 3rd VFT or something? I belive its a D. adelae

it'll be fine.

How long should it take for the dew to come back?

IME, when a Drosera loses all it's dew completely, the old leaf wont make it anymore, but the new ones will.

it's like the stalked glands have been baked.

ah. Well is there anything I should do? Or just sit back and let it do its thing.

It sounds like it went into shock, from the radical change in envirinment. As said earlier, it should be alright, eventually. Even if the existing leaves do not return to producing dew, you should see new growth from the center that will. Always look toward new growth.

D. adelae is a weed. Don't fret, and it'll be fine.

Read up in The Savage Garden about the environment D. adelae likes.

Thanks everyone!
smile.gif

also:

expect it to dieback every now and then. it's what this species does.

don't worry about that. the more you worry the faster plants die, that's what i've learned
laugh.gif

Back