What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About the leaf plantlets...

I have this one Ping Primuliflora in a terrarium. It has one 1/4" plantlet on a leaf. All of the plantlets are forming on the side of the plant that faces the sun. Whenever I planted the ping in the terrarium, I didn't kmow they made plantlets so the lil plantlets are, as they get bigger, are getting squashed up against the glass. Should I transplant the mother plant or remove the biggest plantlet which is in the most danger?

Thanks! :biggrin:

Neppie
If it was me, I would just move the largest plantlet and not disturb the mother plant. But that is just me.
Good luck with what ever you decide. Jack

Remove the mother plant , and do not disturb all plantlets . Do this because Pinguicula Primuliflora are short lived plants and tend to rot , they spread by producing plantlets at the tips of their leaves which is helpful for propragation

Thanks yall, i transplanted the mother plant to a more open area in the terrarium and the one leaf w/ the large plantlet just sorta fell off very easily so i put it another terrarium, and i noticed that there are two other spots already w/ forming plantlets. Thank you!!

Back