What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About me, and a few questions.

As i started this hobby i was currently stationed overseas in sicily and i had become one of the "weird" sailors whom grew plants instead of drinking. I have been here for some time, with none to little posting. I was able to have shipments comes from usa send to fpo address's so recieveing the stuff i needed wasent hard. It all came to a sad end when i was forced to leave my new friends behind when i returned home back to the usa. I have since seperated for the US Navy and im in a hurry to get back into the game. Now believe it or not, it is seamingly harder for me to locate the supplies i need being back. (wierd huh) So im actually looking for some place local. Here is the simple question. I have not found either lowes or homedepot to sell both peat moss and perlite, does anyone have a place in store or online that sells large bags of these? i know petflytrap sells there soil, but i prefer to buy large bags in bulk. And the last but not least. During these coming months of fall and winter. With mist plants being in winter dormancy. Is there any plants that would be safe to grow from seeds? If so what would be the best source (other than ebay) to purchase seeds?

thanks all

jeremiah

( i apologise) (please move to where needed)

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you aboard. I think you'll find people here are very nice. Now on to your question your Lowe's Home Depot don't have sphagnum peat moss? How do they stay in business? You could try Walmart or any garden centers/nurseries in your area should sell it.

Welcome to the forum.

Moving this over to the general discussion area.
Tony

I'm surprised that neither Lowes not HD had pete & perlite. My local HD has both...Maybe yours were just out of stock at the moment?

Beyond that, any nursery worth its salt should carry both.
Good luck!

Thanks everyone, on the light of this post. (maybe someone watching over me?) i made a few phone calls and it seams Everyone has them in stock now.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Maybe it was like a perlite/moss depression and everyone needed it for the labor day weekend?
smile.gif

thanks again

v/r

jeremiah

Back