What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaaaaaaahhhhh

hello all,
my sarracenia rubra gulfensis is flowering, and i tried to pollinate, I guess i was too rough, cause I saw what looked like seed fall out of a un ripened flower!
sad.gif
what did I do wrong?

Are you sure is isn't pollen? I have no experience with Sar flowers, but I can't imagine unripe seed falling. I'm sure you'll have lots to plant and share!

You probably knocked an anther loose. Not a big deal. However, the anthers usually start to fall a couple of days after the plant is no longer receptive to pollination. What I'm trying to say, is that you may have missed your window of opportunity to pollinate the flower.

imduff

it might have been an anther, i had that happen to me before, seeds wont produce untill the pollen is transferred to the stigma, then the process of the seed making begin, good luck!
Kevin

well, I found out what it was!

ANT HEADS! I know, I couldn't believe it at first, but I remember cutting some dead pitchers off the night before, and not picking up the ant bodies, lol. I didn't actually see the stuff come out of the flowers, I just found the stuff under them, lol

Back