What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A turtle with vitamin a deficiency

We went to my brother's house yesterday and their painted turtle has Vitamin A deficiency. They have a map turtle too that's OK. The turtles get good turtle pellets, with some mealworms. But the painted turtle only eats the worms.

A vet gave my sister-in-law Vitamin A drops to put on the turtle's eyes, but I can't believe that's enough. I thought they should quit providing worms since the turtle isn't eating the balanced food. I did a google search when I came home and it had other suggestions, including making leafy gelatin cubes for the turtles. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

I see this is an old post, so I'll just say this. I run a turtle rescue here in Ohio and I'm also a licensed rehabilitator class II. If anyone has any turtle problems feel free to ask away.

Back