What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question...

I dont have a Nep but im planning to get one next year. I have a question though. If your not suppose to do the tray method with Neps, for their roots will rot, then do you just water them overhead. And if so, you would have to get a pot with no holes, right? Or if you get a pot with holes, then the water would drip? Please fufill my question that has been in my head for a while.
biggrin.gif

ok, neps dont like the tray system because, u said it, root rot.
but, if the pot its in doesnt have holes, then the roots might rot from over watering.
if u have a nep in a hanging pot with holes on the bottom, the over watering problem is elimiated
all the excess water will drip out and every thing is good
hope that helps,
Hellz  
tounge.gif

You can use tray method depending on your environment. Watering can also be done overhead, though I would not recomend a hole-less pot then it would hold too much water. Usually the use of LFS is enough to keep enough moisture without sogging. Remember to use use some kind of mineral less water such as RO or there are a few others as well as rain water.

Joe

thanks guys, so do you let the water drip to the floor or what?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (VTPTFATHAVFT @ May 11 2004,1:51)]thanks guys, so do you let the water drip to the floor or what?
When I water, I let the water drip into large trays, then I water them a second time with the water in the tray, and the remaining water that doesn't get sucked up the second time I use for my Sarracenia
smile.gif

Back