What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A "pygmy" problem

Ok, so ive read about Pygmy sundews, and i like em.
But, they grow in Australia and places near there, so their biological clocks are backwards from ours (or are ours backwards from theres?!
tounge.gif
),anyways, they go dormant in the dry Australian summer, and grow in the wet Australian winter. So because America is on the other side of the world from Australia, does this mean they go Dormant in American Winter, and Grow in American Summer? Also, is it true that toilets flush the other way around in the land down under?
Thanks in advance,
Hellz

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So because America is on the other side of the world from Australia, does this mean they go Dormant in American Winter, and Grow in American Summer?

If you get the plants in the Northern Hempisphere they are already adapted to winters and summers.  So, the answer is "no".  They grow in American Winters and are dormant in American Summers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, is it true that toilets flush the other way around in the land down under?

From what I heard, the answer is yes on this one.

happy growing  
smile.gif

-Homer

I am happy to verify that toilets do flush the other way down here in Australia.

Sean.

hmmm...
i wish i could see this phenomenon
tounge.gif

as for the Pygmys, i c how it is, i never thought of dat...
lol thanks alot for your help, i wanted to make a small terraium full of pygmys so i can have some CP's in the winter, when all my other ones go dormant.
Hellz

Back