What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A paludarium I've been working on

• Thread starter Nflytrap
  • Start date
I haven't been updating on my fish/critters in a while, so I felt unveiling this little project would be a good place to start.

IMG_0135.jpg

46 gallon bowfront tank. Not sure of the eventual inhabitants, but probably frogs, and Rivulus killifish. The white stuff is just edible mushrooms I tossed in for springtail food.

Looks good!

wow, excellent, i love the "brushy hillside" look of the tank.

I've been trying to convince my dad to do one. Hope he does, it probably wouldn't look that good though.

This is my first try...research research. :)

img_0182.jpg

I have added in a few plants. Monstera obliqua, Selaginella plana(too hard to find any Costarican species), Codonanthe gracilis(to be removed, who wants it?), Columnea microphylla, Pilea microphylla,Anthurium gracile, and Utricularia longifolia(similar species occurs in CR).

img_0184.jpg

Taiwan moss growth on the shoreline. It is also growing up the manzanita branch sticking into the water.

img_0186.jpg

Begonia glabra. The fastest growing plant in this viv right now, cept for maybe the new Pilea. It is also sending out aerial roots since I started misting.

img_0187.jpg

A rather funny looking Anthurium gracile. It is sending up leaves :)

img_0183.jpg

Artillery plant. This thing is growing like crazy already

img_0185.jpg

U. longifolia experiment. With sphagnum and misting with RO will it take?[/quote]

Back