What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weather was nice so I decided to take my neps out of the grow chamber for maintenance and feeding for a change in addition to repositioning them in the chamber.

enjoy:

first up is what i call ampullaria crimson. It was given to me as a basal and I have decided to keep it but the owner did not have a positive id so i gave it the name it has.

then:

now:

next is an ampullaria lime twist. it was a recent addition and still needs to get settled in so pardon the looks. The one leaf might pitcher but i doubt it however the new leaf will most likely pitcher.

now:

next is an anamensis aka smilesii

then:

now:

next is a red flush bical one of the first 2 neps i bought back in the day.....it is on the left in the first pic.

then:

now:

next is coccinae

then:

now:

next is H/L veitchii pink...it was not purchased long ago. I think it is finally getting used to my conditions and should pick up on the growth soon I believe.

then:

now:

next is a mirabilis var echinostoma which has been a hard fight. This one was rootshocked and put into a coma but is finally starting to get healthy again but still has a ways to go.

then:

now:

next is a purple grabilis

then:

now:

next is a northiana purchased very recently. upon the move to the chamber it did drop all of it's pitchers but did not lose any foliage. It has been growing very fast for me and the last pitcher was finally starting to show some color so hopefully the new ones will follow suit.

then:

now:

next is a raffesiana var elongata aka baramensis. This was affected the most by the move not so much the conditions but maybe a little root disturbance upon repotting. It is predicted to bopunce back quickly with large and more dense foliage/pitchers. The is the second nepenthes I have ever purchased for myself and the most dramatic of a change in size. In the first pic it is on the right.

then:

now:

lastly is a winged tendril grabilis. The pitchers make some funky lids which i remove for feeding. I am hoping the pitchers will display some color once the plant gets older. If not I may have to let this one go to make room for other nepenthes.

then:

now:

thanks for looking!!!

Very nice, seems you are getting the hang of this. :)

it's time for more pics......these flies i am feeding them are really starting to pay dividends too! Don't take my word for it, check out the pics:

first a plant that hasn't been getting any bugs.....my northiana:

my ampullaria lime twist is starting to settle in and making it's first pitcher in my care so it will begin it's feeding regimen soon(pretty soon I will transfer this to a bigger pot):

now for the ones that have been fed....

bical:

coccinae:

the HxL veitchii is starting to grow like a lowlander now:

my echinostoma which is not only making the most pitchers it ever has but also the largest too:

purple grabilis has shown the most prolific growth:

this is the only plant that had any kind of setback from being moved to the new chamber but is starting to show signs of recovery, my baramensis(should be bigger):

my ampullaria crimson making its bigger leaves:

anamensis:

lastly my winged tendril grabilis:

enjoy!

Nice update! Your mirabilis var. echinostoma looks especially awesome. Mine are in recovery mode because of a fungal infection.
Also, there is no Nepenthes grabilis only Nepenthes gracilis :)

Nice update! Your mirabilis var. echinostoma looks especially awesome. Mine are in recovery mode because of a fungal infection.
Also, there is no Nepenthes grabilis only Nepenthes gracilis :)

oh, maybe the hybrid is called something else but both of them are mirabilis x gracilis hybrids but obviously with very different parents. but yeah my echinostoma is finicky. Hard to tell from the crappy shot but it's latest complete pitcher is noticeably bigger and it has that nepenthes drooling thing going on. Perhaps when I get an overabundance of flies i will just release them into the chamber to see if they will slip and fall into the pitchers on their own > : - ) I finally get to see what people are talking about as at least half of the plants are developing that waxy coating on their leaves which makes em look as shiny as the pitchers when they accumulate condensation.

Last edited:
I didn't realize they were hybrids :-O I thought maybe it was a typo :p

Back