What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little taste of the south!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Up for auction is something to give you a little flavor of the South...Virginia to be exact.  
smile.gif

The main feature is a package of "genu-swine" country ham!  This is a "delicacy" around here and one of my favorite treats.  There is nothing better than a hot buttered biscuit with a slab of country ham stuffed in it.  Add a little red-eye gravy, some butter beans, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob and you've got a dynomite southern meal.  *drool*

Also included in this tastey package is Butter Toffee Virginia peanuts (as a sweet treat after your ham biscuit...hehe), a Chesapeake Bay clam dip kit (with clams included), a bottle of Virginia Gentleman Bourbon Chipotle hot sauce and a jar of Graves Mountain damson plum preserves (great with one of those ham biscuits!).  All products are grown/produced in Virginia.

I'm making myself hungry....  
confused.gif

For those of you unfortunates who have never had the privilege of partaking of country ham, let me warn you it is very salty!  It is not like bland, rubbery baked or boiled ham.  It can be washed or soaked to reduce the saltiness.  Its salty because it is salt-cured.  And because it is cured, it can safely be shipped anywhere in the world.  It is also vacuum packed.  In the olden days, country hams were cured with salt and hung in curing barns for months.  These hams are shipped all over the world.  Tamlin Dawnstar has used it to make a ham stew which he said was delicious!  Ham is also used to flavor vegetables and soups.

The ham package contains 3 thick slabs of ham.  You can make red-eye gravy with coffee added to the ham drippings (yes, I know that sounds odd but trust me red-eye gravy is good and tastes nothing like coffee).  It only takes 2 minutes to cook so its a quick easy meal.

Have I sold you yet??  No?  Good!  I'm craving a ham biscuit with Graves Mountain damson plum preserves and a toffee peanut dessert.  
smile_l_32.gif

Opening bid is $5 and I will ship out of the U.S.

vaproducts.jpg

Emeril is right--pork fat rules! $5

wont the meat ruin when being shipped? if not then 6 dollars.

Edit: i should start reading through the whole posts.

$6

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its salty because it is salt-cured.  And because it is cured, it can safely be shipped anywhere in the world.  It is also vacuum packed.  In the olden days, country hams were cured with salt and hung in curing barns for months.  These hams are shipped all over the world.

I'd bid, but I've had a country ham biscuit from Ukrop's (White House Rolls = Nirvana
smile_n_32.gif
) and it's too salty for my taste.

But don't let me discourage you! If you enjoy pork in any way you owe it to yourself to give this a try! It's the next best thing to the Brunswick Stew Festival!

Mike you probably had a country ham ROLL...not biscuit.
smile_l_32.gif
But you still got a flavor for the ham. And yes its salty. But so are olives, capers, caviar salted fish and other things people just adore. I did want to include some Brunswick stew but I hated to get canned stew because its just not the real thing.
confused.gif

One of my favorite things in the world is a McDonald's country ham biscuit. Yes, here, McDonalds serves ham biscuits for breakfast. YUM! Egg McMuffin...get out of my way!
laugh.gif

Oh, and I made a slight edit...the Va Gentleman sauce is HOT sauce, not BBQ sauce. Sorry 'bout that.

AE...yes you need to READ...the ham does not spoil. I've mailed it to out of state people many times.

Ooooo gotta have it syndrome hittin hard.

$15

PAK, what a very thoughtful and classy offering for the auction. Such a nice addition and such a welcome break from "tradition"  I hope to see more non CP items available. This is really great.

I'm really just trying to sway someone into moving to Richmond so I have more local CP buddies. Right now its just me and Mike. This is a recruitment tool.
smile_m_32.gif

Come... Join Us...  >;-D

OK, enough spam. Make with the bidding!

no ones can take me out of nyc.

16 dollars by the way

The auction isn't over yet, AE. You never know...someone might swoop down with a bid of $5,000 and win it.
smile_m_32.gif

I've had country ham and it's a little to salty for me. I would like to know if I can bid on a bottle of the hot sauce and clam dip kit?

Well...this is a set deal. However, if you are interested in just those two...I could go pick some more up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 10 2005,4:46)]Well...this is a set deal. However, if you are interested in just those two...I could go pick some more up.
pick up a whole other set.. you've got my bid.

Ummm...this stuff ain't free. lol You might be "paying" for it but I don't get the money.
laugh.gif

However...if the ham is "hot", I might get another pack and offer it up.

PAK, you have a real talent for advertising - the way you tell flavour is making my keyboard wet with drool.
smile_m_32.gif

*Must...restrain...self...from...slamming massive sum of money onto the table...*
smile_n_32.gif

Personally, I think everyone should try country ham once in their life.
smile_l_32.gif
I just had a McDonalds ham biscuit this morning...a treat from a coworker. Man, was it goooooooood!

$22

I'd love to try some Virginia delicacies.
Do you have a mix you recommend for those biscuits
'cause that has made me hungry too....

Kirk Martin
Fitchburg Mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back