What's new

A flashy ping

I would like to add a really flashy, colorful ping to my collection. Or at least one that is unusual in some way.
Anyone got any suggestions?

So far this P. 'Sethos' is my most colorful. Also what is the correct (full) name of this plant?
P3100041.sized.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Editor's comments: Correct (full) name is

Pinguicula 'Sethos'

See: CP Database for P. 'Sethos'

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Supporter
For unusual shoot for moctezumae or one of its hybrids. If you are feeling capable gypsicola, heterophylla or medusiana are also exotic but require more work for dormancy conditions.

Flash is all a matter of taste. As was mentioned laueana is great for the red blooms. The SP3 form I had (and lost due to the freeze) had rosettes deep maroon in colour. I happen to love the deep indigo/violet blooms of cyclosecta and would readily recommend it. Like wise plants 1716 and 1718 of the Yucca Do plants also have deep purple flowers. The alba form of moranensis is kind of cool, shock white blooms.

Or you can just go my route and get as many of the species/forms as you can get your hands on
smile.gif
And then try to decide which is flashy enough for you.

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
One of my new favorites is Pinguicula 'Tina'. I like the pattern, the combination of white and shades of pinkish-lavender really stand out. Also, it blooms early and often.

p_Tina.jpg

A hasty, and out-of-focus pic of Pinguicula 'Tina' flower.

Flashy? You want flashy? I'll give you flashy and then some! I can't think of anything more breathtaking than that of my favorite ping- P. 'Pirouette'.

ppirouette01.jpg

And it's even starting to send up purple flowers as we speak.

P. reticulata is wonderful, my plants have been shooting up flowers non-stop and the combo of white with purple veins plus bright yellow is beautiful. The flowers also seem to get more and more purple with each new one that opens up.

If you want a stunning plants without having to wait for flowers go with P. planifolia.

I was going to mention  P. 'Pirouette', but dom beat me too it. I guess what is "flashy?" The P. 'Sethos' is really nicely colored too. One of Phil Faulasi's 15" diameter P. gigantea might be considered flashy also, lol.

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Flashy? You want flashy? I'll give you flashy and then some! I can't think of anything more breathtaking than that of my favorite ping- P. 'Pirouette'.
W-O-W!!!
i'm in love

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys.  I have looked at photos of most of them and just have to get my hands on at least four of them.

As for the P. 'Pirouette'...now that IS flashy...shocking pink with purple flowers.  
smile_n_32.gif