What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few terrestrials struggling

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I put my collection outside about 6 weeks ago and I am experiencing no apparent growth from the weeds livida, sandersonii, and bisquamata. Aside from possible shock in going from inside to outside, is it just a bit too cold for them? Not that we have had snow (Buffalo area), but temps have been as low as the upper 40's to highs around 90, mostly between the 50's & 70's.

When ever I moved terrestrials out side they always showed a period of decline before coming back. The longer I took to think about it the more I became convinced it was due to the significantly higher light levels. If you can arange it see if you can get them into semi-shade or dappled light. Mine always grew better like that.

The temps are fine, I keep mine out in the sunroom which can drop as low as 30 in the winter to as high as 110 in the summer.

So maybe I shocked them a little bit? I can fix that!

Back