What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few small things for trade

I have a D capensis "alba" that needs a good home. Medium sized.

There are ALWAYS N mirandas here looking for nice homes too. I have some cuttings with nice root growth sitting in water and taking up space that I'd like to free up.

Also, I have several of what I am 99% sure is P. tehuacan. I took leaf cuttings last winter and they did very well, but while I am fairly positive that I had the parent labeled correctly, I tend to doubt myself. The plant came as a bonus from a nursery during their nickle plant days and I have no reason to doubt their labeling. It did not do well for me but these offspring are thriving.

I don't have much that I'd specifically like, although it'd be nice to replace the D madagascariensis that died in the fall. Other than that, I'll consider offers of things that I don't have.

My conditions now are primarily cool basement type of atmosphere with pretty nice humidity so obviously I'd prefer stuff that would fit in there.

PM and be patient as I have been a bit busy and things like TF end up being left out.

Are you sure your D madagascariensis died completely? My mother plants have died back around 5 times in the 4 years I've had them. Did you check the roots?

Were you the one with the N. "red dragon"? I can't remember...

I've not checked any roots. I have kept the brown tower of dead plant right where it was so maybe there is still hope.

I think that I did have a red dragon cutting a while back. I'm trying a couple of more so we'll see what happens. I'm thinking of parting with a rather large pitchering parent plant, but that has yet to be seen (just a little teaser for everyone).

Are you sure your D madagascariensis died completely? My mother plants have died back around 5 times in the 4 years I've had them. Did you check the roots?

Were you the one with the N. "red dragon"? I can't remember...

Mine came back as well, the main plant dies, then next to it one comes out, or new growth comes out from the dead leaves.

I have some that I see you do not have D. nidiformis and P. pirouette. I have tons of D nitidula x pulchella they have brilliant large pink flowers. If any of these interest you let me know. I would like a Miranda cutting and id be glad to give your alba a good home. It would almsot finish off my capensis collection nicely(I need a all green Var.) Happy growing!

turns out that some madagascariensis does seem to be growing again. I'd seem them starting out and just assumed that it was yet another couple of capensis seeds that'd found their way into another pot. Glad to see that they're growing again.

are you interested in pygmy drosera gemmae?

Back