What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few pics

a Unidentified Species that i have recieved. any one know what it is?

my U. reinformis that i got recently. U. tricolor is in the top left corner

U. calycifida "Mrs. Marsh" that i won at the NASC auction from Copper and is currently in the clear pot experiment. you can see U. sandersonii in bloom behind it.

enjoy

Rattler

Looks like you have U. tridentata!

Also, be carefull not to put that to near U. tricolor unlabeled. The leaves are very variable and under certain conditions those 2 can be difficult to tell apart

Hey Rattler,

It's not "U.reinformis", but U.RE**NI**FORMIS (which means kidney-shaped). As for your unknown species, judging by the leaf shape, it could be one of several species, including U.tridentata, U.tricolor, or U.nephrophylla. To ID it correctly, you'll either have to wait for flowers or else have to find a microscope to see the trap morphology.

Take Care,
Fernando Rivadavia

I hatew this!
I can NEVER see the ics in that photot album!
Rattler, could you post a pic directly on the forum so I can see it?
Dino
cool.gif

sorry Star man but i cant. the files dont end in .jpeg and i like this site and dont feel like moving all my pics to a different site to get the .jpeg ending on the files.

Fernando, sorry bout the spelling, i was making this post without double checking my grow list or plant tags. i assure you the lable is right in the pot. i also figured im going to have to wait for a flower to identify the U. ?

kayaker ALL Utric pots are labeled correctly as to what they were sent to me as. i have been EXTREAMLY careful as to this. the unidentified is labeled: U. ? from T. M. and what ever date i recieved the plant on. this is the way all of my Utrics are labeled, Species, Sender, Date recieved. well i think all are labeled this way. i may have missed the sender or date on a couple but species is on every one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the files dont end in .jpeg
can any mod tell me why that is? does it take less space on TF if it ends w/ .jpeg?
here I have this msn group that lets me save a bunch of pics and upload them all at once (and the perfect size for a forum) and I have to go to others which take forever and only lets me upload like one at a time, and have only two or three pics at the same time.

dont think so. i have 2 forms of U. calycifida and the leaves dont look quite right to be one.

Rattler

Hey Rattler, no need to apologize, misspelings in general happen to everyone (especially considering that many of us here are not native English speakers, hehehe). I was just worried you had it labelled incorrectly. I don't know why, but it's very common to see U.'reinformis' going around. I think it has to do with the positions of the keys on computer keyboards...

Fernando

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 14 2004,11:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the files dont end in .jpeg
can any mod tell me why that is? does it take less space on TF if it ends w/ .jpeg?
Well it would actually be .jpg

Normally when you right click a photo it will give you the URL in the properties along with the file name. Whatever system Printroom uses when you upload a file, it manages to hide the actual filename etc. This eliminates your ability to remotely load the image on another website so that you must go to their website to see the photo, be subjected to their advertising and sales etc..Most other commercial online photohosting sites do the same thing since remote loading photos bypasses their website and simply runs up their website usage fees.

Tony

I am leaning to the nephrophylla but it could be tridenta.

Back