What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few macro shots. Very large! Dialup beware.

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
The first shot is my N. Hamata Wistuba clone 1. The pitcher is about 4 or 5 inches. It's been open for about a week and a half and colored up quickly.
The other two shots are the newest pitcher to open on my N. edwardsiana. It's about an inch or so long. Just opened up about a week ago. In time it should turn deep red like the others on the plant.
I was messing around with my camera and figured these shots weren't too bad.
I have been dealing with mice eating some of my plants lately!
They are in the basement. I almost died when I saw a few bites taken from my little N. edwardsiana! They just hit one leaf. The plant is in a tank, and they must have squeezed threw a half inch opening in the lid to get in. They seem to really like the nectar spoons on my Heliamphoras.
I gave that mouse, or mice plenty to eat yesterday. D-Con to the rescue!!!!!
Anyway I hope you like,
JMatt

hamataclone1os4.jpg

babyed2eh6.jpg

babyed3mj5.jpg

Gorgeous pictures! That would have been terrible if a mouse did some serious damage to the N. edwardsiana! Gasp!

xvart.

Gasp indeed! Those are some beautiful plants!

Amazing plants!!! What are you trading them for?

Wups!!!!!!!!!!!
Major wups!!!!!
Can someone move this to the Nepenthes area?
JMatt

Darn! I was hoping to trade!

LOL - YEAH RIGHT!!

Wups!!!!!!!!!!!
Major wups!!!!!
Can someone move this to the Nepenthes area?
JMatt

lol. Only after you trade me your N. edwardsiana. I'll let you keep the N. hamata.

xvart.

Hey, I just had a mouse problem too! It ate a part of my N. 'Black Dragon'! Not to be gruesome, but the mouse met it's demise by crawling into my Vortex fan. LOL! Anyway, it didn't get to my eddies, so "whew!"

Great photos, btw! Real clear and detailed.

Capslock

Capslock,
Yea they took a good bite out of my Black Dragon too.
My Heliamphoras got the worst of it. Many are missing nectar spoons.
Damn mice!
Eddies! Wish I could say that!
Two is always better than one in case disaster strikes!
Jmatt

lol guys !! I would sooo love to even get one. But well....some day. ;)

amazing shots Matt. :)

Back