What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few lowlander pics for fun

I thought I'd share a few new productions from the lowland chamber:

N. insignis Tayeve, New Guinea form (pitcher about 5 cm), looking a lot like an all green N. ventricosa or young ventricosa x khasiana at this stage and not too exciting. This is the second pitcher since arrival:
insignis1.jpg

N. rafflesiana 'giant' clone BE-99 (10 cm pitcher on 30 cm diameter plant):
giantraff3.jpg

N. Isamo Kusakobe Hybrid (15 cm lower pitcher) with nice color:
isamokusakobe3.jpg

N. Isamo Kusakobe Hybrid (15 cm intermediate pitcher) not as colorful as the lower ones:
isamokusakobe2.jpg

I hope you enjoyed taking a peek!  
smile.gif

Josh lovely photos! My Isama Kusakabe hybrids are doing good as well but mine have color differences probably due to different temperatures and light.

ik1.sized.jpg

I assume this is lower. (neon yellowish)

ik2.sized.jpg

An upper? More greenish.

Nep G,
Nice-I quite like that orange one!
I don't see any wings on your Isamo pitchers (also your tendrils look to be attached at the side or rear) so I'd be inclined to say that your pitchers are either intermediates or uppers. The lower ones on my plant have very wide wings (which are the first things to color up on a new pitcher).

How large are your Isamo pitchers? I see your N. hamata starting to vine in the background, I hadn't thought about growing this in highland conditions.

Hi Josh, no i don't have alot of wingyness on the recent pitchers. The first 3 or so had wings and were a bit more colorful.

Yep, the ole N. hamata is going up!
smile.gif
I am getting about 12cm tall pitchers right now. It seems it's another non picky Nep hybrid to me.

Back