What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A drosophyllum question...

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
Well it's been getting cool outside so it's now indoors but I'm kinda worried about feeding it. I wanted to know if I could use an artificial fertilizer to supply it's nutritional needs since my parents aren't very keen on me having live bugs in the house, any advice would be helpful!!

You can use dried bugs.. Freeze dried bloodworms, mealworms and crickets work well.. Personally I went and bought a small thing of freeze dried mealworms at the petstore, and powdered them, mortar and pestle style, and keep it in a tightly closed glass jar. Then you just take a pinch with some tweezers and drop/sprinkle it on the dew...

Thats a good idea I guess I'll go and buy some freeze dried bloodworms, Thanks for the help!

None of my other plants catch more bugs except for the Sarracenia. Its so dewy and beautiful even in 40-50 degree weather. I keep a 90% cover over mine so as not to flood the pot. I'll bring it inside when the temperatures drop to nearing freezing.

Back