What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/c water

I was wondering if a/c water was ok for cps.

thanks
Mike

I've been told that you can use water out of a dehumidifier, if that's true, then I wouldn't see why you couldn't. I guess it all depends on what's filtered out before hand and what's left over after the water comes out.

I've used musty watered that smelled like a basement out of a basement (duh
tounge.gif
) dehumidifier in an emergency when I can't get bottled distilled and it hasn't harmed my plants from what I can see. It may add some mineral content, or help algae out, but I flush it every so often and haven't seen any mold or fungus popping up from that water.

Is it a more modern a/c?

I have been using water from one of my A/C units on many of my plants. I also use rain and distilled water. At the moment, I use more rain water than distilled and more distilled than the A/C water.

Yeah I have a dehumidifier running in my basement and I just dip the bottom of the cup in the water resivour until its pretty moist. The water is clear and looks free of debris so its been good so far. Good thing you asked because I was going to make a post on this, thanks!
wink.gif

I used to use dehumidifier water which is pretty much the same as A/C water. Now i have an RO unit but i never had any problems with the dehumidifier H2O. I only bought the RO unit because the dehumidifier wasn't making enough water. The only suggest i have is that you try to keep the A/C coils as clean as possible. You don't want that moldy algae stuff in the water. I've also heard that there could be some microorganisms living in the water. I highly doubt these harm the plants since there's little organisms living in everything. Good luck!!

-buckeye

Back