What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4head garden at chelsea

There were several requests to see the garden/exhibit that I worked on at Chelsea. Looking through my digital pics I realize I did not have any of the garden fully completed. Boy I must have been tired. Here are few that I do have. Enjoy!

Const.jpg

The garden under construction.

MePlanting.jpg

Me planting at the top of the waterfall.
LeftPath.jpg

A view looking up the path into the olive terraces on the left.
PlantingsJPG.jpg

And, finally a view of some of the plantings in the garden proper.

Very Very nice. Too bad there are no Cps.

Oh wow, what an enormous project! It's stunning. And you guys put that up in five days, is that what you said in the other post? I can't imagine how much had to happen to get to the final product.
I wish I had room for a fountain and an olive terrace, but I don't think they would both fit on my 8' x 6' patio. :)
~Joe

The garden took 21 days to construct and plant. I was there for two weeks planting. It took 10 days to plant the 'outside' of the garden and four days to plant the garden proper. I also built some of the low walls on the olive terraces. There was a total of 14 people involved including the designer. The garden was viewed by the public (160,000 attendees) for 5 days and then the garden was torn out. It only exisits in photos, film and peoples' imaginations now.

Oh I see, that makes a little more sense. Still, what an effort! Hats off.
~Joe

Back