What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40 gallon planted tank - back from the dead

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I was discouraged with my plants in my 40 gallon when the discus lived there. The increased temp and waste of the fish was after many months taking it's toll on the plants. I was not able to keep up with the tank with twice a week gravel vac and water changes. I made the discus there own bare bottom tank and went about reviving the 40 gallon tank. This tank needs a lot of growing in with the plants since I through out a lot of bad looking plants.
Hope you like it.
I need some aquatic CP's.
smile_m_32.gif

post-22-1100820349.jpg

Steve, that looks 1,000% better than when I was down for the visit! What am I seeing in there besides neons and maybe a male guppy? Is that a botia?

Thanks for the comment Scott.
I'm a lot happier with the tank now.

What I have in the tank now is the following:
10 - Neon Tetras
6 - Silver Sailfin Mollies
5 - Marbled Hatchets
3 - Honey Gourami
1 - Botia Angelicus
1 - Botia striata
1- Hill Stream Loach
1 - Siamese Algae Eater

I picked up the Silver Sailfins last night at the Lancaster Fish Club auction that they have once a year. My wife wanted them. I never have luck with mollies in pure freshwater. I seem to only be able to keep them alive in brackish water, so we will see. Most stores silver mollies are white, which is what I wanted, these guys are really gray.
confused.gif

I wish they had Gold Australia killifish at the auction. That's what I want instead of the mollies. But you know, gotta keep the wife happy.
smile_n_32.gif

I know someone who has a young pair of Fp. gardneri 'Makurdi' of you are interested.

Back