What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3' x 3' x 3' mini bogs

hello everyone!  this past spring, i bought 2 plastic post that measure roughly 3' x 3' x 3', and filled them with a cp friendly soil, and lots of plants and seeds.  these grow outside in full sun and are about 90% self sufficient.  
with the onset of fall, i have begun to think about dormancy for these plants.  right now, the plan is to get a buddy to help me move these pots to the basement (where it will be cooler) for the winter and set up a single (twin bulb) flouresent light fixture about a foot above them as they won't get any natural light in the basement.

i'm wondering if this is the best way to overwinter these guys, and if so, how much light should i give them?  3 hours?  what about a fungicide?

or would it be better to try and insulate them somehow, and leave them outside all winter long?  any ideas on how to insulate them?

fyi, i'm in northeastern ohio, zone 5.

thanks for the help!
tech...

Northeastern Ohio? That sounds close enough to me to Connecticut, which is where WildBill hails. If I could find his excellent post about outside dormancy/ mulching / with pictures - I would hyperlink it to you. Somewhere in our forum is this gem (that oughta be pinned!). Go Cleveland!

Back