What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone -

I just found out that in the Horticulture division at the Connecticut Flower Show I took a second place in the "collections" category for a grouping of 5 nepenthes (N. maxima, N. hamata, N. gracilis, N. singalana, N. macfarlanei).

I also have on display a large Carnivorous Bog planting that's drawing lots of attention. Since it didn't neatly fit into any of their "categories" it had to go in as "Display Only". I heard through the grapevine that one of the judges was amazed by the minibog and went ballistic when they found out that it wasn't to be judged.....

The minibog planting was also at the NECPS Show and has:
N. clipeata x ventricosa
P. moranensis
D. capensis (3)
D. prolifera (2)
D. natalensis
D. rotundifolia
VFT (4)
S. purpurea
S. alata
S. leuco in flower
S. flava
Cephalotus
Bog Cranberry

WoooHooo!!!!!!

WildBill

Congratulations dude! Any pics?

congrats, Bill!! :woot:

Awesome! Too bad about the bog not being entered, it could have also been considered a "collection" planting in my view.

What do you think about bringing your plants with those non-society awards to the upcoming NECPS Show in September?

Great news, Bill!

They should have just entered into an arrangement category, or something along those lines - maybe a container garded category.

Congrats Bill! From seeing your plants I can confidently say that your prize is well-deserved!! Thanks for increasing the awareness of the general public to these "weird plants"

Congrats! Any pics?

Way to go WildBill, WE WILL take over the country yet ! A flytrap in every windowsill and a sundew on the porch.

That is awsome! Congratulations Bill! :D

That sucks that your bog couldn't be judged. You would think it would count as a "collection". But still, at least you know it got very high praise.

Well done, CP maestro!

Congrats, Bill. That's so cool! What got first place?

Pictures? Seriously, who wants pictures. You all have to be crazy.

xvart.

Congrats!!!!!!
I can't wait to see pics!

Congratulations mr. winner!!!

pst... pics...

Fantastic Job! Glad you're on the terraforums :-D

- Jeff

Back