What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Nepenthes

a while ago aga posted a pic of some of his plants. anyone got an idea what the 2 Nepenthes with the arrows pointing to them are? they are very pretty. i asked on the thread at the time, but couldnt get an answer. thanks!

neps.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the tiny one is N. rajah. i dont know what the other is though
Alex

You could just PM him...

-Ben

The bigger one looks like an alata, but the leaf is throwing me off because it's so dark.

ya, that dark leaf is kinda odd, maybe not a straight alata?

not alata - wrong peristome.

eustachya?

I'm not sure about that being the wrong peristome. Alata boschiana has a similar peristome. Although, I agree with it probably not being alata. The leaf is too red.

Its probably reinwardtiana...

That crossed my mind...but it doesn't have the two spots/"eyes" in the back of the pitcher.

The 2 plants are...

Hello Meaven, Pluto and Mfh!
Ok...a friend of mine did let me notice this topic and I am here to answer you all and to revolve your doubts! :)
The 2 plants on questions are a Nepenthes rajah ( Wistuba clone ) and a Nepenthes reinwardtiana RED .
The reinwardtiana has not eyes because she is still "young".
I am sure that it is a reinwardtiana, because it is a cutting of another plant.
I post some other photos of today....fresh taken photos so you can joy a little!
See you!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

rajah3.jpg

rajah4.jpg

reinwardtiana_red1.jpg

reinwardtiana_red2.jpg

reinwardtiana_red3.jpg

reinwardtiana... hadn't heard of it until now, It looks cool though. I can't wait till my Rajah pitchers.

It's always a pleasure!
Bye!

Mr_Aga :)

Ciaooooo!

Back