What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dixielaceandrxpxr.jpg

S. rubra alabamensis x (psittacina x rubra alabamensis) in the foreground, S. x 'Dixie Lace' in the background.  Both are still youngsters.

flavacuprea.jpg

A slug-damaged S. flava var. cuprea.

purpxflava.jpg

S. purpurea x flava

flavaxalataflavaleucoxpurp.jpg

From left to right: S. flava x alata, S. flava var. rugelli, S. leucophylla x purpurea. Actually, I'm not 100% sure the middle one is an S. flava. The tube seems a little too squared off, compared to the other flavas I have.

leucoxpsitt1.jpg

A young S. leucophylla x psittacina.

minorxrubrarubra.jpg

S. minor x rubra rubra

mxoxpxrxl.jpg

A young S. (minor x oreophila) x [(purpurea x rubra) x leucophylla]

oreoxpsitt2.jpg

S. oreophila x psittacina

And now some unknowns:

minorxxxx.jpg

S. minor x
confused.gif

unknown2.jpg

S. flava x leucophylla
confused.gif
? Its flower had long red petals and a yellow style.

unknown3.jpg

An unknown complex hybrid. I'm guessing it has purpurea, rubra, and something else, maybe leucophylla, in it.

unknown4.jpg

S. purpurea x minor?
confused.gif
  The pitchers turn completely blood-red with age. It may also have some psittacina in it as well.

(Edited by sarracenia at 11:20 am on May 28, 2002)

Sarracenia,
You continue to amaze us all with your excellent photography of your plants. :eek:

The flava x leucophylla looks like it's been crossed back with a leucophylla to me.
Great pictures. You seem to like psittacina crosses - I've always wondered what they look like because you don't see many pictures around.

Great--so now I have to grow these too.

I hope you people know what you are doing to me!
smile.gif

Fantastic! Gorgeous!

Steve

those are some great pics!!!!! lemme know if you get tired of your plants
wink.gif

the one in the middle, where you aren't sure if it is flava or not, is INCREDIBLE!!! I want that one sooooo bad!!!
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

AlvinMeister - you are correct, sir! That is a (leucophylla x flava) x leucophylla.

Neppie - most likely I will be able to divide that plant next spring.

Back