What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15% humidity

Untitled-2-11.jpg

Untitled-1-12.jpg

are those ventricosa?
looks good for such low humidity.
my neps are in 25-45% humidity and growing ok.

seed grown ventricosa...............growing fast and healthy

Nice job growing your neps.. Love the mini bog also. I sent you a PM about it

Hi there:

RattlerMT, i wonder whether we can do it with sibuyanensis, ephippiata, and spectabilis?
would you care to try?

Gus

Just shows to go ya that humidity and terrariums are over-rated and unnecessary for most cp's.

Does that have lights over it? Or windowsill-grown? Looks way better than mine grown at 90-100%.

With that wet medium, the humidity will be significantly higher down where those plants are, unless you have a fan blowing across them.

true Bruce but back in our photo lab with a closed door and a multi room humidifier for that 12x12 room alone we cant get the humidity above 28% in the winter.....they are also right next to a single pane south facing window, fairly close(6 feet) from the front door of the office so they got drafts all winter....................the humidity, even at soil level isnt as high as you think it is..............

agusto...........my ephippiata is a pain and defiantly has a preference for higher humidity.....not saying you could do this with all species just saying all species dont need high humidity.....ive gotten Ventrata to grow in similar circumstances and pitcher like mad. N. bongso aswell.............i had roughly 100 ventricosa seedlings atone point and since i dont care much for ventricosa ive just been experimenting with the dang things to see what they can put up with

I've seen the humidity increase from ~30% to >50% in in my plant area after watering orchids. And I water them at the sink and let them drain before bringing them back. There's no standing water - it's humidity from damp clay pots and wet medium and it stays elevated until the pots dry. Now I have a bunch of tomato seedlings under the lights and I can feel the humidity around them. The drafts you mentioned will reduce the effect, certainly for the taller growing plants, but those low growing Pings, etc are probably in higher humidity than you think, even if not as high as I think.

prolly Bruce............but it still takes a fairly tough Nep to live in the current conditions.......im assuming given what ive whitnessed with an adult ventrata and the fact that these wintered where they are at just fine that they will continue to pitcher as they get taller.

Back