What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10gal tetta

alright guys i need some help on this.im trying deside on what to get for my 10gal terra witch are the easest to grow lowland or highland neps.or some one suggest a nice selection.the only carni plants i ever owned were the flytraps.an had really no luck.

I don't recommend Nepenthes for a 10 gallon terrarium. They will quickly outgrow it. Try some nice tropical Drosera or Mexican Pinguicula instead. Terrestrial Utricularia and even a Cephalotus (if you're up to that) are good candidates.

Normally I'd recommend you not make a "classic" terrarium, but since you mentioned earlier that you're experienced with vivariums you must know what you're doing.

Can you provide both highland and lowland growing conditions? Most nepenthes will outgrow the 10 gallon eventually, but I would suggest to start with a small hybrid like N. Rokko x N. spectabilis (lowland crossed with highland) which tolerates many different temperatures.

I don't recommend Nepenthes for a 10 gallon terrarium. They will quickly outgrow it. Try some nice tropical Drosera or Mexican Pinguicula instead. Terrestrial Utricularia and even a Cephalotus (if you're up to that) are good candidates.

Normally I'd recommend you not make a "classic" terrarium, but since you mentioned earlier that you're experienced with vivariums you must know what you're doing.
i know pretty much know what tropicals an broms needs but don't know about the carniv's an the requirements.i quess the false bottom is out of the question.i'll stay away from the neps for awhile.an stay with the vtraps, sundues an pitchers an butterworths.

Rokko hybrids tend to get very large very quickly. My rokko x fallax puts on about a foot of growth in just a few months. They're probably not a good idea if you're going to keep it in a terrarium.

If you want to try a nep in a terrarium, go for gymnamphora, bellii, talangensis, gracilis, tobaica.

Rokko hybrids tend to get very large very quickly. My rokko x fallax puts on about a foot of growth in just a few months. They're probably not a good idea if you're going to keep it in a terrarium.

If you want to try a nep in a terrarium, go for gymnamphora, bellii, talangensis, gracilis, tobaica.
i really had no idea they got that big.

Petiolaris Complex sundews, with similar growing cnditions as lowlanders, would be cool.

Back