What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'09 NASC Auction Wishlist Thread

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
This year's wishlist thread is being posted early so people making donations can get an idea about what people are interested in. There are going to be people from outside of TF who wont see this wishlist before the auction, so whatever you can donate will be a BIG help. Hopefully this can give people an idea about what they'd like, and what they can donate.

So without further ado, what would you like to see? Also, it'd be fun if you would post something that you're considering donating (gets people thinking!)

I always love to see Heli's and location Sarracenia.

Last edited:
I would like to see some helis, beautiful Sarr hybrids, or some neps like aristo, macro, hamata, etc. (I can dream, can't I? :p) I may be donating N. x ventrata cuttings and some S. leucophyllas for begginers, If I can particapate.

Um, lol I would love to see helis and N. viking.

dont have a wish list cause unless im back to laying carpet i prolly wont have extra funds......but im thinking of putting up an instant mini collection of cut and rough precious and semi-precious stones.......cause ive got extra of those laying around.......

I'd love to see some live sphagnum and any nep cuttings or seed. I've got some truncata seedlings I can part with me thinks.

Nepenthes!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing some live sphagnum either, and maybe some darlingtonias.

Hmm..I would love to see some RED spaghnum moss, temperate dews, Sarracenia Rubricorpora, Purps, Helis, a ceph maybe?, seeds, and Neps!

Kamil

would it be possible to do a 'north of the border' part of this auction?
it'd be great to be able to get us canadians involved and i'd love to donate a heli or 2, seeds of different sorts...
just trying to expand our horizons! and to enable fellow canadians to share amongst ourselves for a great cause :)

would it be possible to do a 'north of the border' part of this auction?

The problem is that most people in the States don't have the permits to send anything to our members across boarders. There is a possibility that the NASC will be able to send seeds by the time of the auction, though.

We of course welcome everyone to participate as much as possible (eg, Canadians making offers that other Canadians can take up.) This is something that we don't have any control over, but if you'd like to have a tag for international items or non-us items, I'm sure we could do that. Most of the time people will advertise a donation as international if it is. The best we can really do at this point is to ask participants to label their items if they are not US only (EG, add CN to the title, or something.)

At the very least, I do hope that the NASC will be permitted to send seed by the time the auction rolls around. The international issues are something that we've been working on.

great, i'll keep my eyes peeled!

I want neps and a stable server :D

N.hamata plant or cutting, live sphagnum moss, sarracenia plants, seeds, and different venus flytrap varieties something like red dragon, dente, or any other type would be nice.

Sadly this year I won't be able to donate any plants to this auction hopefully next year I can, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for sphagnum moss, flytrap, or nepenthes I can't wait.

There will be neps! Oh yes, there will be a glorious bounty of neps.

Capslock

I want HAM!!!

:D

Maybe spam...

I still hanker after that N. albo "purple black"...

PINGS are always good!

(And of course any Drosera...)

I have a feeling that by the time the auction roles around I will be moving somewhere and will be donating a lot of my Nepenthes.

xvart.

If you are thinking of donating to the NASC Auction

Think outside the plant pot. :)

We've seen the artwork of several people here and admired it. So, those of you with various drawing and scupting skills, why not make something and offer it up for the auction....a Sarracenia necklace, a ping paperweight, a nepenthes painting, a line art drawing of a cephalotus. Something done by hand means so much!

Why not knit a little venus flytrap trap, carve a ping, bake some drosera cookies...

You could go WILD!

And of course we will take money (tax deductible this year!).

The collection of people that have held that can of SPAM is a who's who of Terraforums elite.

I'll get it one of these years, and I'll eat it. That'll show you!

And then I'll get botulism poisoning... that'll show me...

Back