What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wanna feel betterabout your addiction to CP's?

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Yeah but... it's full of logs and has virtually no aquascaping. Just logs.

To me, that's like buying the Biltmore estate and filling it with lawn furniture. I mean... priorities. Quality over quantity. Yes the size is VERY impressive but it lacks substance. I realize that with an Arapaima there's not too much you can do in the aquascaping department but come on, anyone can throw logs into an aquarium.

Man it's only Wednesday and for the past three days all I've done is complain. I dunno what's wrong with me.

Wow, I want one! Keeping fish would be so much more awesome if I could swim with them! Neat idea, but did you glance at the third thread? That guy's huge tank is starting to rust out after just a year or so - I can't imagine what repair and upkeep on those kinds of things cost. I could maybe justify the construction cost, if I made it into a project and built it myself, but no way would I rebuild it every few years.
~Joe

Wow. Did anyone scan through all the posts and find how much it cost to build those? That is unbelievable! Pretty interesting forum. I'm going to cruise around it a little bit, but I'm going to try and avoid thinking how cool having a big tank would be. My wife would kill me! She wants to kill me when I say I would like to start a salt-water tank when we finally settle down somewhere!

To me, that's like buying the Biltmore estate and filling it with lawn furniture.

They say when you buy a house (if you have no furniture) that you should expect to spend 30% of the house price on furniture... So, Clint, you are correct! Lawn furniture would just not do!

xvart.

JFYI with the 50,000 the guy who owns it is in a wheelchair..........i think ill give him a pass on aquascaping. besides its a tank with monster fish, not to mention a good portion in there are vegitarians. the same guy also has a couple 15,000 gal tanks

the stingray one ran aroundd $8,500 to build IIRC, thats before pumps filters and fish......not sure a price was given on anything else

That's it? I was expecting 100000 + or something. I mean my neighbors garage was like a little less than $100000

must be some garage.........my FIL put one up for $10,000 :grin: hell my house only cost me $64,000

Wow....I never thought about people building huge tanks like that in their homes. It's a really neat idea. I can't even imagine the maintenance on something like that.

I think I'm going to show this to my husband....to prove to him that I'm not crazy...and my hobbies could be much worse. :grin:

I think I'm going to show this to my husband....to prove to him that I'm not crazy...and my hobbies could be much worse. :grin:

LOL! My wife describes my hobby as "morbid" and doesn't appreciate the flowers that come from them. my kids just aren't interested at all. Where have I gobe wrong?

That's it? I was expecting 100000 + or something. I mean my neighbors garage was like a little less than $100000

Haha, trust me the pumps and filters and other equipment is where they get ya!

LOL! My wife describes my hobby as "morbid" and doesn't appreciate the flowers that come from them. my kids just aren't interested at all. Where have I gobe wrong?

My husband definitely thinks they are morbid, but he likes to feed them. He really just thinks I'm crazy for needing so many....and constantly talking about them. :oops:

Kids are never interested in what their parents are doing...give them a few years....maybe they will come around.....maybe....

I hate all those people with lots of money :( WHY CAN'T I HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY??!!

Because then you'd waste it on a fish tank :) I'd waste it on a Vegas trip. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Until the photo's end up on the internet :(

No I wouldn't! I would buy food and USEFUL stuff with it.

No I wouldn't! I would buy food and USEFUL stuff with it.

If you had that much money just laying around, im sure you wouldn't JUST buy food. The second I have the money...I'm buying a yacht, and so forth

I also said USEFUL stuff.

If you had that kind of money trapper you would have already had bought useful stuff.

my husband thinks my plant are retarded. i'm trying to keep the collection small cause i have a bit of a black thumb at times. hey! i have some useful ones, like the herbs.

Back